I love Thai food. I also love cilantro…enough said. My goal was to recreate a plantiful quick meal that was faster (and healthier) then take-out. Mission accomplished.
This vegan recipe has a little bit of spice, a lot of crunchy green goodness and fermented protein power!
BTW- did you know that zucchini contains vitamin C, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine properties? Take that rice noodles!
Thai-Tempah Zoodle Salad
- 1/3 cup tamari (or coconut aminos)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 block of tempah
- 4 zucchini, sprialized (or thinly sliced length wise)
- 1 carrot, spiralized (or shredded)
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- Optional Toppings – cilantro, sliced almonds (omit for N/F)
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or sunflower seed butter for N/F)
- 2 tbsp tamari (or coconut aminos)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp green Thai curry paste
- Mix tempah marinade. Slice tempah in 1/2” slices and place in marinade for 30 minutes (or overnight for extra flavour).
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cook tempah on parchment lined baking sheet for 20 minutes, turning half way to brown on both sides.
- In large bowl, sprialize and/or slice vegetables.
- Blend dressing and toss together with vegetables and hemp hearts.
- Portion salad onto four plates. Add optional toppings and serve with a side of 3-4 cooked tempah slices.
NOTE: not into tempah? substitute the tempah for organic free-run chicken.