It’s that time of year where the sniffles and coughs are everywhere! Here’s an immune-boosting, cold-busting tonic. Drink daily or when you are fighting a cold…move over neocitran this is natures plant power healer.
This recipe is high in Vitamin C, detoxifying (lemon) anti-fungal (fresh ginger),anti-inflammatory (fresh turmeric and cinnamon),and anti-microbial (raw local honey). Goji berries lend a sweetness to the tea as well as an antioxidant immune-booster. The cracked black pepper helps to absorb the turmeric benefits. Cheers to optimal health!
Immune-boosting Tonic Tea
- 1 whole lemon, sliced into rounds
- 1-2″ knob of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon turmeric or 1/2″ fresh turmeric root, peeled and chopped (watch out, the mighty power of the turmeric will stain hands)
- 1 cinnamon stick (or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 1 peppercorn
- 1 tbsp goji berries
- 1-2 tbsp raw honey
- Place all items in a pot with 4-6 cups of water (whatever size pot you have is fine).
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain. Mix in honey to desired sweetness. Cheers!