- 1 cup cooked spaghetti squash,
- ¾ cup mushrooms,
- ¾ cup onions,
- 1½ cup spinach,
- 1½ cup marinara sauce,
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese,
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs,
- 3 Tbsp. ground flax,
- Use a large spoon or fork to scrape the spaghetti squash from it’s skin. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel or colander and gently squeeze the squash to remove any excess moisture.
- Heat 3 tsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ¾ cup of the diced onions and ¾ cup of the sliced mushrooms to the skillet; cook until the onion is translucent and mushrooms have softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add 1½ cup spinach to the skillet, cooking just until spinach has wilted (about 2 minutes). Remove the vegetables from heat and set aside.
- Add 1½ cup marinara sauce to the skillet and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup ricotta cheese, 3 eggs, and 3 Tbsp. ground flax. Finally, measure and set aside ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Assemble lasagna in an 8”x8” baking dish by layering half of the spaghetti squash, followed by half of the ricotta cheese mixture, half of the vegetable mixture, and half of the mozzarella cheese; repeat layers with the remaining ingredients.
- Place the baking dish in the 425°F preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and begins to turn golden brown.
*Recipe from 21 DFX vegetarian meal prep