Fall is in the air and the temptations to buy the pumpkin spice lattes and cranberry bliss bars seem to be increasing! Anyone else ?!? I almost couldn’t resist when I was in Starbucks the other day (don’t get me started on my mug obsession…so many great designs this year!) Here is a pumpkin/fall inspired healthified dessert and snack.
- 1 cup pitted dates
- Warm water
- ½ cup raw pecan halves (or pecan pieces)
- ⅓ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes, reserve small amount for garnish
- 1 tsp. pure hazelnut extract (or pure maple extract)
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- Place dates in a medium bowl; cover with water. Let soak for 10 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- Place pecans in food processor; pulse until finely ground.
- Add dates, pumpkin, coconut, extract, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; pulse until well mixed. Place in a medium bowl. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Using clean hands, roll into tablespoon-sized balls; roll in reserved coconut (if desired).
- Store, refrigerated, in airtight container.
Recipe from BB Blog