2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
1 tbsp cornmeal
1/2 tsp ground paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp himalayan salts
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tbsp grated parmigiano cheese
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 large egg white
4 chicken breasts, skinless/boneless
1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Place pine nuts and cornmeal in food processor (or blender), pulse until finely grounded
- Combine pine nut mixture, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, salt, baking powder, almond flour, coconut flour and cheese in a shallow dish; mix well. set aside
- Combine buttermilk and egg white in a shallow dish; whisk to blend.
- Heat oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high until fragrant.
- Add chicken breasts; cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn chicken.
- Place skillet in oven; bake for 10-12 minutes or until thickest part of breast reads 165F
Serve with steam veggies or salad. Make it ‘southern style’ and serve on top of oat/flaxseed waffles.