Approved by kale-hating hubby. Note: gently massage kale with a bit of olive oil in your hands.
• 6 cups chopped kale
• 2 tbsp dried cranberries
For the sweet potatoes
• 1 large sweet potato, peeled & diced
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• Pinch of salt and pepper For the candied pecans
• ½ cup pecan halves
• 2 tbsp cane sugar
• ½ tbsp butter
For the honey-lemon vinaigrette
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Peel and dice sweet potatoes into small cubes.
3. Toss in olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Place evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast in the oven for 40 minutes, flipping the potatoes over when 20 minutes have passed.
5. While sweet potatoes are roasting, combine butter, pecan halves and cane sugar in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sugar has melted and the nuts are fully coated.
7. Transfer nuts to a baking sheet (or large plate) lined with parchment paper and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
8. While the pecans are cooling, combine olive oil, honey, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper to taste in a small mason jar or bowl. Shake or stir to combine the honey lemon vinaigrette.
9. While waiting for the sweet potatoes to finish roasting, chop kale and place in a large bowl. 10.When sweet potatoes are done, add candied pecans, cranberries, sweet potatoes and the honey-lemon vinaigrette to the large bowl and toss to combine.
11. Serve and enjoy!*
Optional – add shredded chicken for extra protein!