Flourless, dairy free and DELICIOUS! My kids gobbled these up in a day. Thankful fresh zucchini is in abundance right now!
Make: 9 muffins
• 1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter (I subbed it out for sunflower butter to make it nut-free for school lunches)
• 1 ripe banana, mashed
• 2 large eggs
• 1/4 cup real maple syrup
• 1/3 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 cup shredded zucchini, drain excess water using a dish towel
• 1/4 cup extra-dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 375
2. Combine the cashew (or almond) butter, banana, eggs, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla and baking powder in a blender or mix will in a bowl.
3. Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
4. Line 9 wells of a regular sized muffin tin. Divide the mixture evenly between the wells. 5. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the pan and cool on a rack.
Reposted from Epicured Market grocery and meal plans. Recipe by: Katie Cavuto, MS, RD, Chef of Nourish.Breath.Thrive http://www.nourishbreathethrive.com