DIY is easier then you think…especially when it comes to nut butters!
2 cups raw peanuts, no salt or oil added
¼ tsp. sea salt (optional)
1. Using a small food processor, pulse the peanuts until chopped.
2. Run the food processor for 1 minute. Using a spatula (or large spoon if that’s all you have), stop and scrape down the sides and bottom. The mixture will look dry.
3. Run the food processor for 1 minute. Stop and scrape the sides and bottom. It might start to come together in a ball at this point.
4. Run the food processor for 1 minute. Stop and scrape down the sides and bottom. It should look like traditional peanut butter at this point.
5. Add sea salt to mixture if using.
6. Run the food processor for 1 final minute. Scrape the mixture into a storage container and place it in the fridge. It should keep for several weeks.
What is your favorite nut butter?