Mushrooms are definitely a super food. Did you know they are a source of vitamin D? Mushrooms also:
- stimulate the immune system
- Inhibit estrogen production
- Prevent DNA Damage
- and slow cancer growth! (source)
- 4 Large Portabella Caps
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce/marinara sauce
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of veggies, chopped finely. Â Including- broccoli, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and green beans.
Scrape ribs from the underside of the portabella mushrooms. Â Brush with olive oil and roast in 400 degree oven fro 8-10 minutes. Blot dry with paper towel. Spread each mushrooms underside with marinara sauce. Sprinkle with cheese, and add choice of veggies. Return to the oven and bake one more time until cheese is melted.
*Recipe from superhealthy kids