It’s Friday and you know what that means…Pizza! I feel like I could post pizza recipes every day:-) (also see Pepper pizza, Grilled zucchini pizza bites) Here’s one that of course my kids love cause they contains traditional ‘bread’ crust. I like it cause I can sneak a bunch of veggies…so I guess you could call it a win-win!
- 1 jar of your favorite clean marinara sauce (I just use passata sauce and add my garlic, salt and herbs)
- 2 cups of chopped veggies (spinach, bell peppers, mushrooms, onion, tomatoes, carrots, zucchini)
Chop veggies and saute for 3-4 minutes or until slightly tender. Blend in a high powered blender with marinara sauce.
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (can use more if you like it cheesy)
- 2 cups flour (I use whole wheat, but you can do 1/2 wheat and 1/2 all-purpose)
- 2 1/4 tsp rapid rise yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons raw sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Whisk together the warm water and the oil and add to the dry ingredients. Mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
- Place dough in a large, lightly greased bowl, and cover with plastic wrap. Â Allow to rest for 30 minutes in a warm, draft-free place. Dough should almost double in size.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place on a lightly floured work surface. Â Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a ½-inch thick rectangle, about 12 by 10 inches.
- Begin by spreading about 1 cup of sauce over the dough, leaving a ½-inch boarder around the edges. If it seems like it needs more, then add 1 or 2 Tbsp at a time. Â Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Begin rolling the dough until you have one large roll. Slice into 8-12 slices and place in a greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until rolls are golden brown and cooked through the middle.
*recipe from super Healthy kids