- ½ medium cauliflower, cut into florets (or 3 cups florets)
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce, reduced-sugar (I use organic Amazing Dad’s bbq sauce)
- 3 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ¼ medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup Healthier Ranch Dressing
- ½ medium avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place cauliflower on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil. Toss to blend. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Brush cauliflower evenly with barbeque sauce. Bake for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Combine lettuce, beans, corn, onion, carrot, and Healthier Ranch Dressing in a medium serving bowl; toss gently to blend.
- Top with cool cauliflower and avocado. Serve immediately.
- Look for barbecue sauce that has an ingredient list that does not contain artificial sweeteners, additives, or preservatives. There are many brands on the market that are sweetened with small amounts of honey, maple syrup, or molasses.
- Use Smoky Barbecue Sauce as a homemade alternative to store-bought barbecue sauce
*recipe from BB Blog