- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa (You can make this part days in advance or use leftover quinoa from dinner)
- 2 cups cooked and cooled cauliflower florets, pureed (You will need about half a head of cauliflower. I steamed mine for 15 minutes while my quinoa was cooking. You can make this part days in advance or use leftover cauliflower from dinner)
- 1 egg (If you are egg free, I think a flax egg or gelatin egg would work for the binding)
- 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 2 TB coconut flour
- 2 TB pizza sauce (I make my own using pasata salt, italian spices, garlic and a bit of raw honey)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Extra pizza sauce for dipping
- Optional freshly grated parmesan cheese and/or basil for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Gently roll about 1 inch balls and set them onto a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. You can garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese and basil if you wish and use pizza sauce for dipping!
*recipe from super healthy kids