- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup peeled, pitted and cubed mango (TIP: Do not use frozen mango as it won’t hold its shape during cooking.)
- 1 navel orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 green finger chile pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth (I use bone broth for added health benefits)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (TRY: Wholesome! Organic Coconut Palm Sugar)
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup torn fresh cilantro
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Arrange chicken, mango, orange, red pepper, green onions and chile pepper in the center of a 24-inch-long piece of heavy-duty foil. Lift up edges of foil to form a bowl shape, leaving top open.
- In a small bowl, whisk together broth, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, curry paste, arrowroot and ginger. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Bring short edges of foil together, then fold inward a few times along each long edge to seal packet.
- Place packet on grill, reduce heat to medium-low and close lid. Cook until chicken is no longer pink inside, 15 to 18 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Oven Variation: Bake packet on a rimmed baking sheet in a 375˚F oven until chicken is no longer pink inside, 15 to 18 minutes.
*recipe from CE