Do you and your kids love chicken ‘nuggets’? Here’s a great recipe my kids have enjoyed that you get that soft nugget texture just like the boxed or drive-thru ones with-out all the additives and junk.
- 1/2 pound – chicken breast
- 1 large – egg
- 1 dash – salt
- 1/2 cup – bread crumbs, plain
- 2 tablespoon – butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoon – honey mustard dressing
1. Boil five ounces of chicken breast for 20 minutes in water
TIP: I boil mine in bone broth for added flavour and health benefits.
2. In a blender, blend together cooked chicken breast, 1 egg and salt.
3. Pack small balls of the meat mixture into cookie cutters, and roll in bread crumbs. Or make meat mixture into small balls and roll in bread crumbs. Shapes are optional but if your kids are like mine, this will convince them that these are way better than McDonald’s.
4. Place shapes (or balls) onto a cookie sheet. Drizzle/spray with a little coconut or olive oil to make them crispier.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. Flip halfway through if you want both sides crispy.
6. Dip in your favorite dip, like honey mustard, spicy mustard, BBQ sauce, Ranch Dressing, etc.
*recipe from super healthy kids