- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup cashew pieces
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 – 2 tablespoons water (only if needed)
- 1 cup quinoa puffs
- Optional-1 scoop of clean protein powder, (I use Shakeology to added protein and added superfoods for pre/post work-out snack)
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the dates and cashews. Process until they resemble a coarse sand.
- Add oil, nut butter, syrup (if using) and cinnamon, and process until a dough forms. If the dough does not come together, add some water, 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough sticks together when you press it between your fingers.
- Pulse in the quinoa puffs.
- Form 1″ balls with your hands and place on a parchment lined plate. Freeze for at least 60 minutes and then enjoy.
- Keep in a covered container in the freezer for best results, but they will also keep in the fridge