What better than making one recipe that can be used in 10 different dishes? Roast on a Sunday afternoon and have them on hand for the week ahead.
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 3 zucchinis
- 2 yellow squash
- 1 red onion
- 1 onion
- Olive oil
- Dried rosemary, basil and oregano
- Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Cover a few pans or baking sheets with aluminum foil or parchment paper (for easy clean up) and spray with cooking oil
- Slice the peppers and onions into strips and the zucchinis and yellow squashes into rounds
- Put the sliced peppers into a bowl or plastic resealable bag; add a little bit of oil. Stir the veggies to coat them with oil, or close the bag and shake to allow the oil to spread among the vegetables. Re-open the bag, add herbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay the peppers flat in a single layer (keeping them in a single layer makes them cook faster) on a pan/baking sheet
- Repeat steps 4-5 with the onions and zucchinis/yellow squash
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, flipping the veggies once in the middle. Depending on how well roasted you want your veggies, you can put them on the convection setting for about 10 minutes at the end.
Some people keep all the different vegetables separate while roasting so that family members can choose which they want to eat later, but if you prefer, you can put them all in one pan in the oven. Remember that vegetables shrink when you bake them so plan accordingly.
1. Quesadilla: chop up roasted veggies, spread on half of a whole wheat wrap, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and fold the wrap in half. Pam a large frying pan. Place the frying pan on a burner set to medium/high. When the oil starts to heat up, put the wrap in the frying pan. Flip when the wrap starts to brown (2-3 min)
2.Omelette: chop up roasted veggies and add to any type of omelette.
3.Quinoa: cook quinoa according to the directions. Once it cools, crumble in some feta cheese OR avocado and chopped roasted veggies. toss in olive and balsamic vinegar with a sprinkle of sea salt.
4.Hummus and roasted vegetable wrap: Spread hummus on a tortilla, top with roasted veggies and wrap it up.
5. Add them to a grilled cheese sandwich and serve with a side of soup (my fav is bone broth served in a mug)…kids will love that!
6.Whole wheat pasta, roasted veggies, and pesto.
7. Whole wheat pasta, roasted veggies and tomato sauce
8. Veggie Pizza: make your favourite pizza dough recipe (or whole wheat fresh naan bread for a thinner easy crust) and top with cheese and roasted veggies
9. Top a baked sweet potato with veggies and plain greek yogurt.
10. Boil or stir-fry chicken/beef/or tofu mix with roasted veggies and serve with rice