Flourless Chocolate Chip Zucchini Oat Brownies
Today I made these for my kids for a treat /school lunches. My husband was surprised that these weren’t traditional brownies cause they tasted like they did. Success! Of course my kids had no idea there was veggies in these. I don’t necessarily try and ‘hide’ veggies in foods from my kids cause they always seem to spot something and then call me out on it… but in this case what they don’t know can’t hurt them, right? Here is the receipe from Ambitious Kitchen:
- 1/2 cup all natural unsalted peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup gluten free oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (vegan if desired), divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8×11 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place oats in blender or food processor and process until finely ground. Don’t worry, it doesn’t need to be perfect but it should take a few minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of electric mixer, cream together peanut butter, applesauce, honey and vanilla until smooth. Add in zucchini, cocoa powder, ground oats, baking soda, and salt; mix until well combined. Gently fold in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the top. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tooth pick inserted into middle comes out almost clean.
- Cool brownies completely on wire rack then cut into 20 squares. Enjoy!
1 brownie has ONLY 86 calories and 6g of sugar…yes please!